What is php?
- PHP(Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
- PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language.
- PHP scripts are executed on the server.
- PHP is free to download and use.
- PHP start with <?php and end with ?>.
- Display something use ECHO. Example <?php echo “content”; ?>
<title> this is example </title>
echo "Hello World";
What php can do?
As a server side language php can do many things like :
- PHP can generate dynamic page content.
- PHP can collect form data.
- PHP can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server.
- PHP can send and receive cookies.
- PHP can add, delete, modify data in your database.
- PHP can be used to control user-access.
- PHP can encrypt data.
- PHP standardizes all of the XML extensions on the solid base of libxml2, and extends the feature set adding SimpleXML, XMLReader and XMLWriter support.
- PHP runs on various platforms like Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP supports a wide range of databases
- PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side
- PHP is open source programming language. And if you are beginner in php you just need a local server like wamp, xampp, lamp.
What is WAMP, LAMP, and XAMPP?
Full form of WAMP is Windows, Apache, MySQL and PHP. This is a open source platform. WAMP Server is work on Windows Operating System only. It is a combine package of Windows, Apache, MySQL and PHP. Apache is the web server of WAMP, Mysql is the relational database management system , and PHP is the object-oriented scripting language.
Download WAMP server from here
Full form of LAMP is Linux Apache MySQL and PHP. This is a open source platform. LAMP Server is work on Linux Operating System only. Apache is the web server of LAMP, Mysql is the relational database management system , and PHP is the object-oriented scripting language.
Installation steps in ubuntu are following
Step 1 Install Apache : Open terminal and run sudo apt-get install apache2
Step 2 Install MYSQL : Then run sudo apt-get install mysql-server
Step 3 Install PHP : PHP installation command sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5
After installation restart Apache by sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart this command
Check Apache http://localhost/
Finally, run your PHP code.