What is php?
Php Stands for Hypertext Preprocessor and it is a server side programming language
- PHP(Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
- PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language.
- PHP scripts are executed on the server.
- PHP is free to download and use.
<title> this is example </title>
echo "Hello World";
What php can do?
As a server side language php can do many things like :
- PHP can generate dynamic page content.
- PHP can collect form data.
- PHP can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server.
- PHP can send and receive cookies.
- PHP can add, delete, modify data in your database.
- PHP can be used to control user-access.
- PHP can encrypt data.
- PHP standardizes all of the XML extensions on the solid base of libxml2, and extends the feature set adding SimpleXML, XMLReader and XMLWriter support.
- PHP runs on various platforms like Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP supports a wide range of databases
- PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side
- PHP is open source programming language. And if you are beginner in php you just need a local server like wamp, xampp, lamp.
What is WAMP, LAMP, and XAMPP?
Full form of WAMP is Windows, Apache, MySQL and PHP. This is a open source platform. WAMP Server is work on Windows Operating System only. It is a combine package of Windows, Apache, MySQL and PHP. Apache is the web server of WAMP, Mysql is the relational database management system , and PHP is the object-oriented scripting language.
Download WAMP server from here
Full form of LAMP is Linux Apache MySQL and PHP. This is a open source platform. LAMP Server is work on Linux Operating System only. Apache is the web server of LAMP, Mysql is the relational database management system , and PHP is the object-oriented scripting language.
Installation steps in ubuntu are following
Step 1 Install Apache : Open terminal and run sudo apt-get install apache2
Step 2 Install MYSQL : Then run sudo apt-get install mysql-server
Step 3 Install PHP : PHP installation command sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5
After installation restart Apache by sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart this command
Check Apache http://localhost/
Finally, run your PHP code.
XAMPP stands for Cross-Platform (X), Apache (A), MySQL (M), PHP (P) and Perl (P). It also works as WAMP and LAMP. XAMPP is used in Linux and Windows both platform.
To download xampp click Here